Powdered Metallurgy Advantages
Atlas Pressed Metals values the powdered metallurgy advantages since it is a common practice used within the manufacturing of powder metals parts. Powder metallurgy is a relatively new technology that has revolutionized the manufacture of metal and metal alloy parts and components. Businesses all over the world are discovering that the powdered metallurgy benefits offer that no other method of component manufacturing can match.
The PM process can produce parts that are tailor-made to each and every need, including components in complex or unique shapes that would be prohibitively costly to achieve with other metalworking processes. PM can be heat treated to provide additional strength, and PM components provide controlled porosity for self-lubrication.
The PM process is suitable for an extremely broad range of production requirements. Short runs as well as moderate-to-high production are not only feasible, but economical. PM can use a wide variety of alloyed blends of material to produce components that provide long-range reliability at affordable prices.
More Advantages to the PM Process:
- Eliminates or minimizes scrap losses
- Maintains close dimensional tolerances
- Achieves a wide variety of alloy systems
- Produces good surface finishes
- Provides materials which may be heat treated for increased strength or enhanced wear resistance
- Provides controlled porosity for self-lubrication or filtration.
- Facilitates manufacture of complex or unique shapes which would be impractical or impossible with other metalworking processes
- Suits moderate-to-high volume component productions requirements
- Offers long-term performance reliability in critical applications
125 Tom Mix Dr.
P.O. Box P
DuBois, PA 15801
"I have been working with Atlas Pressed Metals for about a year but find them very responsive to any issues (which are very infrequent). Their Quality and Production teams resolve issues and answer questions very quickly. I would rank their experience/technical expertise and product quality as very high! Our company has been happy with Atlas as a whole and would recommend them for PM. ”